1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2004 Ram 1500 Plow Or No Plow????

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by JCplowing, Dec 28, 2007.

1. JCplowing

JCplowing Member

I have a 2004 Ram 1500 hemi quad cab, i live by the shore in connecticut, we get like maybe 3-6 storms a year with 1-3inchs to 8 inches maybe at the most, im thinking of putting a fisher mm2 RD 71/2ft plow, 15 accounts from driveways to parking lots, i have been using a 03 dakota with a 61/2ft plow, i want to make some money with my truck! also next year i plan to trade or sell my truck and get a ram 2500, the good thing is the plow im getting is comming off a ram 2500 so i will already have the mount for the new truck. I plan on keeping the plow for a while. and the price for the plow set up is 2,200.00 and i need to spend 500 on the mount for the ram 1500, is it worth it or not??

thanks

2. occ3377

occ3377 Member

i have no personal plowing expirence but after reading these forums for a while and my $.02 would say if your planning on buying that 2500 for the next plowing season i would just wait and put it on the truck thats better equipted for it.

2 things as i said thats only my &.02 and i didnt say that your 1500 couldent plow but just that the 2500 is better suited for the job