1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2004 mvp 8.5

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by jhenegh, Feb 25, 2015.

1. jhenegh

jhenegh Member
    from Indiana

Going to go look at a 2004 MVP that has the 3 plug system and isolation module. I currently have an early 8' Poly Pro Ultramount that just has the older 2 plug system with no box or anything.

I have had ZERO issues with my plow but would like to upgrade to a V. How does the 3 plug MVP compare in to my 2 plug straight blade in terms of reliability? I know there are obviously more solenoids on the V, and the seller says that currently 1 of the solenoids that effects the straight blade function of the V is currently out, so you have to move each wing independently. I'd like to not be chasing down electrical problems in comparison to my current setup.

I'll be looking into the rubber flap/MVP Plus modification too.

Thanks

2. OneBadDodge06

OneBadDodge06 Senior Member
    from Iowa

Works about the same as a 2 plug but just an extra plug. I may be wrong but it sounds to me like the guy is trying to b.s. you and say its a valve when really its the controller. Doesn't add up. If it won't vee or scoop, it won't angle either if its a valve.

But again, I could be wrong.