1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2004 MM2 wont lift with a load on it???

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by kj330, Dec 6, 2009.

1. kj330

kj330 Member

Plow runs great left,right down. BUT when raising it internittenly will raise a little and stop if i hit up again and remove load it goes up fine... what is the problem???

2. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

How much load? you trying to lift a truck or just a Honda. Plow pump has a pressure release if the load is to big the pressure release will cut in. If the pressure release is set to low...

3. kj330

kj330 Member

no truck and no honda..lol plowmiester, it will stop lifting intermittenly. but i really noticed it today with only a small amount of snow. if i put it in float and then goe up. it will raise it better

4. plowman_25

plowman_25 Member

im having the same problem with mine...its almost like the polw wont lift all the way when im only lifting the plow.... can you turn up the cut off so it will lift better?

5. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Sounds like the cartridge needs to be replaced. It's getting stuck and the fluid is still getting by. There is also an adjustment with the.....quill (?). I have never done this, so I don't want to guide you there. But if this a NEW symptom, I would go with a new cartridge.

I take that back, The quill is for the adjustment of the blade dropping, not raising.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2009
  6. kj330

kj330 Member

is this correct??? i stopped at the dealer today and they said there is no way it is a cartridge. i should re set the pressure relief to 2.75 turns out and change the filter and pick up. i am going to try it in the am.. we will see. good thig there is no snow in the forcast

7. RepoMan207

from Maine

The fact that they said
    leads me to believe they don't fully know what there talking about.

It very well could be the pressure relief valve. It's definitely worth a shot were it doesn't cost you anything. Have you messed with the pressure relief at all? If no, I would say it's not likely the issue unless the system needs to be flushed. As far as changing the pickup filter, that is a given anyway if your changing your fluid.

Good luck and let us know if that does the trick.

8. kj330

kj330 Member

i just messed with it for a couple minutes. i foiund that my pressure relief screw was locked up. i freed it up and reset it. it seems to lift ok, but we have no snow to actually test it. i am going to chang the filter tomorrow am. the only other thing i forgot to mention, is that when i get the plow to raise all the way up, it does a little left right wiggle...wtf is that???????????????

9. RepoMan207

from Maine

Ahhhh, I think that is the control if I remember right. I read about that before. I'll have to look for it, I can't find it right now.

10. kj330

kj330 Member

you think it could be the controller in the truck? it is the regular joystick..

11. RepoMan207

from Maine

It was either that or a cross over valve....I can't remember, but I will find that thread an let you know latter tonight. I think it was on a different site.

12. kj330

kj330 Member

thanks repo

13. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Where is the pressure screw you speak of located? Does it ever need (normally) to be adjusted?

14. kj330

kj330 Member

i messed with it today and i belive its fixed.changed filter, and adjusted pressure relief valve. its pass side bottom set screw..thanks for the help

15. RepoMan207

from Maine

Good, I spent a good hour or so looking for that thread....I couldn't find it anywhere. Of coarse now that it is a resolved issue, I'll stumble onto shortly.