1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2004 GMC Plow mounting?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by DowhyTowing, Nov 15, 2010.

1. DowhyTowing

DowhyTowing Junior Member

What I'm trying to accomplish is putting a older western v plow (uni mount) on a 2004 GMC 3/4ton! Well I can't find a uni-mount truckside mount anywhere for that new of GM! Thanks

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You're searching for one of the popular but least produced mounts out there. Mainly because the Uni's were phased out in 03' in favor for the Ultra's (on new installs) so there was a very narrow run for installed mounts for this application. There still a few floating around but guys who have them know their demand so prices reflect that. payup

3. DowhyTowing

Hmmm... well that's good and bad info! Is their and dealers or anything out their I could maybe find one?

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Try Storks Auto in Bernville PA. They handle a lot of NOS and discontinued inventory so there's a good chance they'll have one, but be prepared to pay about $700 for one as like I mentioned, that mount brings a premium.

5. DowhyTowing

Heck I've been a welder for 7 yrs. I'll build my own for $700! Maybe I should just start building and selling them

6. RMHSR

RMHSR Member

I don't know about the GMC but in 03 the chevy front bumper sticks out further. A unimount on this truck would cause the plow side to be against the bumper. Western makes a ultramount to unimount conversion kit. You would put an Ultramount on the truck and the conversion would make it work with the Uni. This would give plenty of bumper clearance. Or you could extend the mounting points on the plow and call it a day.

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Have to be careful which mount you're using. 63360 fits ONLY to '02 (due to the bumper clearance issue you mentioned) however the revised 63360-1 covered the classic body through it's discontinuation. Most of the plow manufactures went through the same thing having mounts for 99-02 then revising p/n's in 03 to cover the entire 99-07 body style so you have to be careful which mount revision you're working with regardless of brand.