1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2004 GMC 2500HD - thoughts?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by EGLC, Dec 3, 2008.

1. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

I'm on the hunt for another truck and came across this one and would like some thoughts. Here are the details

2004 GMC 2500HD
    Extra Cab - Auto - 4X4 - 6.0L Gas
    55K miles - 6' Bed - 8' Curtis Plow
    1 Owner - All Power & Options Except Leather

Guy is asking $12,900 I know he'll take $12k maybe less.

2. 042500hd

042500hd Senior Member

Unfortunately I'm dumb when it comes to price and value. But if you want an opinion on the truck. I loved my '04 tons of power to do anything. Liked it so much I but an '07.
  3. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

Any problems with it?
  4. ChevKid03

ChevKid03 Senior Member

I have an 03 Silverado 2500HD and LOVE IT. I also have the Curtis plow on mine too. You'll love how easy it is to hook up and unhook. When you say "all" options except leather... does it have plow prep? check to see if it has the factory button by the airbag shutoff in the middle of the dash to the right of the radio... All in all, I haven't had many problems with my truck. As far as a price to offer him... I'd say 12k is fair, but try to talk him down a little more.. pick things apart saying it may need tires soon.... etc. My 03 has 110k on it now and I owe 10.5k... I plan on having it for quite a few more years... GOODLUCK!
  5. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

Go over to dieselplace.com and have the VIN checked. They can tell you what kind of service and repairs have been done to it.
  6. highlander316

highlander316 Senior Member

the 6.0 has plenty of power. I've pushed some decent snow w/ mine and it didn't even break a sweat. Pulling it does great too. I had 10 yards of sopping wet mulch on my trailer one day (it was pouring all day), and even pulled it up an incline of roughly 20-25 degrees (maybe more, very steep hill) for 1/4 mile and the truck didn't even hesitate.
  7. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

So $12k is a good deal? Im not sure what his bottom line is. I guess I'll just finance it for 36 months or so...maybe less.
  8. ChevKid03

ChevKid03 Senior Member

I'd pay 12 for it... its only 4 years old with 50k.... But try to offer 11 or something.. all he can do is say no.
  9. 042500hd

042500hd Senior Member

At about 36k the transmission was replaced. Kind of strange but it was covered under warranty.
  10. Clint S

Clint S Senior Member

Check the exhaust manifolds I have seen more than 1 that has turned into a large gob of rust, especially on trucks that are plowed. Other than that our 03 HD is great to plow with and has not had any major problems.
  11. fran m

fran m Junior Member

I'd have it checked out to be sure it is ok by a mechanic and have the fluids changed. It's worth all of 12 grand with the plow. Looks to be in good shape.

I would love to find a truck like that for $12,000.

Fran M
  12. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

I got rid of mine because it was a gas pig. I have had 2 diesels since I would never buy another gas truck again. Luckly gas is down, for now.Great truck except for the fuel miledge.
  13. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

hey call me sometime 862.324.6705, theres a few others I know for sale around this price range (2 right off the top of my head) this one is just the nicer of them all :D lol