1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2004 GMC 2500HD Driver Seat

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Motorman 007, Oct 12, 2010.

1. My drivers seat (cloth interior) on my '04 2500HD CC is starting to rip on the left side down where it is held by the trim piece. Is there a repair for this or do I go to the upholstery shop? Anyone else had this problem?
  2. 496 BB

496 BB Senior Member

Common. Stop draggin your arse when getting out :D
  3. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

yes a new cushion cover, not cheap though I m sure.

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Try a local upholstery shop first. There's a local shop here that gets a perfect match of the OEM fabric and colors on the late model seats every time. For considerably less cost over replacing with an OEM seat cover too of course. payup
  5. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

B&B glad to see that your still around, I have the same problem with my seat, your not based in Michigan are you?

6. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

A new cover for my 07 NBS was $120, not too bad. This was cloth of course and buckets seats.
  7. Hey, have you been lookin' at my arse when I wasn't paying attention?
  8. joshg

joshg Senior Member
    from VT

9. 496 BB

496 BB Senior Member

No but have noticed thigh master has been working :D
  10. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Not even nearby Mike, unless you're coming via airplane. :D
  11. you are starting to worry me now.....

There happens to be a guy in my town that owns an upholstery shop. He came by the other day and said the repair would be no problem. They are going to get the piece they need from GMC and stich it in. So I'll let you know after it's done.
  12. redneckhershey

redneckhershey Junior Member

i have the same rip in my seat. i put step rails on truck so that made it much easier to get in and out. please let us know what the cost was to repair it

13. musclecarboy

musclecarboy 2000 Club Member

Anyone know if there's much of a difference for leather seats? I have a rip on the left, but also a crack in the middle too. Do you think it would be obvious if I changed the whole seat bottom to new OEM?
  14. SD Cookman

SD Cookman Junior Member

I had mine fixed by Chevy while it was still under the 36k mile warranty. But it is starting to look like s#^t again.