1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2004 GMC 2500HD 4x4 Diesel

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by derekbroerse, Jan 28, 2007.

1. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

Hello all,

My friend's lease is coming due on his 2004 GMC 2500HD extended cab pickup, so rather that just turn it back I thought I'd offer it out to you guys first.

It has the Duramax diesel and Allison combo, 4wd, leather, onstar, power everything (basically loaded, heated seats and all) with 122000km's (with balance of 160000km warrenty)... tow package...

The picture with the cap is from the summertime, I'm ASSUMING the cap goes with it but you'd have to ask specifically when you call him. Also note that the tires have been changed since to BFG LT235/85R16's instead of the Nokia 285's in the one pic.

Truck has not been abused. He is an electrician by trade, so it carries his tool belts and such, tows the tractor up to the cottage etc. NEVER had a plow on it.

I believe he is looking for around $29,500 CDN for it... best offer here. He's basically looking to make out the same as what he would have to pay out on the truck to the dealer if he returns it, basically just offering a great truck out to you guys!

His name is Dustin and his cell number is 905-658-0657. The truck is located in Fonthill, Ontario, about 10 mins outside of Niagara Falls.

sierra1.jpg

sierra3 summerx.jpg

2. derekbroerse

Bumpity bump-bump...!

3. Wesley's Lawn

Wesley's Lawn Senior Member

Does it have a Plow prep on it?

4. derekbroerse

No idea. Is there an easy way to tell? Like an option code on the glovebox or something?

5. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

Look for the RPO code VYU in the glove box and look next to the passenger air bag switch. There will be another push button.

6. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Man, if it had a long box i'd be all over it! Does it have plow prep?

7. derekbroerse

Won't know until I talk to him tomorrow.

8. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

I think that is the first truck that ive seen that didn't look totally hurendous with a cap on it! very nice looking truck there, and good luck to your friend with the sale

9. derekbroerse

Yeah, it kinda looks like it grew there, huh? Almost Suburban-like. Was a factory GM accessory when it was new, sold and installed at the local GM dealer. Think it was made by Leer.

10. Wesley's Lawn

Yea thats a leer, two guys i know have em on there SDs they look factory, but they are $$$ as hell. How bout that plow package?

11. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

easy way to tell, if it has a sun roof on it, then it won't have the plow package (from what ive heard). Of course if it doesn't have the sunroof then you could still not have the package. The easiest way to tell is the aux light button next to the passenger airbag keyhole.

12. Wesley's Lawn

What you mean I can't have snow falling down on me when im plowing from within the comforts of my truck. DAM im buying a ford lol. Yea he was suppose to check for us I believe.

13. derekbroerse

I've left him a message this afternoon, waiting for a call back. I'm doubting it has the plow prep, but doesn't the trailering package have a lot of the same equipment?

14. derekbroerse

Truck doesn't appear to have plow prep, but I'm under the impression with the towing/trailering package it has everything but the roof light harness/switch and the heavier torsion bars?

15. derekbroerse

To the top...!

16. derekbroerse

Truck is still available for a short time, otherwise going back to the dealer very soon. Last chance to save a few bucks on a really nice truck... if I had money I'd buy it myself!