1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2004 Fx4 F-150 Boss 7"6 over Blizzard or Western???

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by snowremoval4les, Nov 2, 2011.

1. snowremoval4les

snowremoval4les Member

Just got a new 2004 F-150 Fx4 this past weekend. Told a guy i was getting either a Western HTS or the Blizzard 810LT and he started tearing these two plows apart saying they were crap and that i should go with a boss or a buyers. I told him my price range and he came back with a quote, Boss standard duty steel 7"6 with smart hitch2 and smart lights for 4395.00 installed and taxes, Final Price. What do you guys think? Price good? and what about the selection of plow? Boss,Western, or Blizzard??? Let me here them!!

2. ProLawn Outdoor

ProLawn Outdoor Senior Member

I bought an 8' super duty last year. Smarthich 2, smart touch controller. Have no complaints, paid 5500 installed. Absolutely love mine compared to my old Blizzard 810 that was overkill for my accts(90% residential) I looked at blizzard, western, buyers, and boss. They all had comparable prices, the snow dogg was a but cheaper(within a few hundred dollars). I went with the boss because I had a good dealer, and it seemed to have the most features. I love the smart hitch, and the controller is my favorite. Two clicks and its all the way up, two clicks down and its in float.. If you have a good boss dealer who will back up that warranty, go with the boss, you will like it. The HTS doesn't really impress me, they just look so wimpy. You would probably be better off with a boss standard duty. Just my .02.