1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2004 ford f350 plow truck

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by mrdeere160, Nov 26, 2015.

1. mrdeere160

mrdeere160 Junior Member

Up for sale is my 2004 ford f350 fx4 6.0l diesel. Truck currently has 179000 miles and still being driven daily. No rust and in awesome mechanical condition. Top end on engine gone through at 160000. new oil pan about 2000 miles ago. Newer pickup box installed this year. Newer style grille. Newer style ford Towing mirrors. HID headlamps. Tires approx 50% life. Fuel tank and toolbox not included. Does currently has western snowplow installed will included for the right price. Truck is in awesome condition regular maintenance done every 5000 miles with only ford filters and rottella oil only since I bought truck with 20000 miles on it. New steering box installed this year. Transmission gone thorugh at around 150000 miles. Also had front and rear driveshaft rebuilt. Ball joints where replaced last year. Asking $15,000 or best offer without plow add $2000 for plow. I would not hesitate to drive this truck from coast to coast. I am probably forgetting alot of info but I cant remember everything.

IMG_2547.JPG

2. 04trd

04trd Senior Member

Since it's a six slow...... Any of the 6.0 problems taken care of? How's the spread on ect and eot? That's engine oil temp and engine coolent temp. Studs? Head gasket original?Ever had a tune in her? Last coolent flush? Up dated ficm? Any rust around the fenders or cab lights? Sorry figured I would save 20 replays and get all the questions out of the way. Looks like a nice truck!

3. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

are you interested in buying the item for sale? if not, then move along as there's no need to post in the thread nor bash what someone's selling

thanks

4. mrdeere160

mrdeere160 Junior Member

Never had a programer. Has head studs and entire top end gone through last spring. Runs perfect. No rust

5. 04trd

04trd Senior Member

No bashing? Just asking simple questions that anyone buying a truck like this would ask. Sorry for asking questions.

6. pnoone

pnoone Member

Looking for a truck exactly like this. Which Western plow are you running on it?

7. mrdeere160

mrdeere160 Junior Member

plow truck

I am running a western 8ft pro ultramount. 3 plug setup. This truck has been good to me, but due to my growing family I need to get a crew cab. I have done a lot of work to this truck and its maintenance schedule has been superior. I would have to really sit down and make a list of everything that I have done to it. I have been contemplating of putting the egr delete kit on it but have not made that decision yet. I did buy the kit already though. I really hate to sell it, but my kids are forcing me two go with something bigger.
    Here is a brief list of what has been done.

pretty much all the common 6.0 issues have been addressed. I have a friend that is a top rated ford diesel tech and he said this truck is one of the lucky ones. oil is always clean when changed at 5000 miles, good running engine.
    Head studs, head gaskets, egr valve is only month old, oil cooler, intake gaskets. injectors all 8, new dummy plugs, new ficm, trans rebuilt around 150,000mile due to the snap ring issue for reverse, driveshafts rebuilt, ball joints newer, newer brakes, new starter, new block heater cord, new redhead steering box, front 2.5" leveling kit, also have a add a leaf kit for rear but not installed yet. new serpitine belt, new custom built 250 amp alternator, newer interstate batteries, Newer 05 grille, newer 08 towing mirrors, ddm tuning hid headlamps, newer bed and tailgate from a 08, no body rust on this truck. I will be removing aux. fuel tank and toolbox. Will be sold with or with out the plow. I have extra filters that will be included along with good spare alternator. Has four corner strobes, led warning stick in rear window, could use a couple things like two front tires and needs steering wheel recentered from front leveling kit install.

8. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

That would be a beauty to transplant a 12v into.

Free bump.

9. pnoone

pnoone Member

Congrats on your growing family. Interested in discussing this truck with you but can't pm you. Can you please post a phone number or email address so I can contact you directly?

10. mrdeere160

mrdeere160 Junior Member

11. pnoone

pnoone Member

Thanks, just emailed you my cell number.