1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2004 Ford F-150

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by pelt35, Oct 19, 2003.

1. pelt35

pelt35 Senior Member

Hi Western, welcome aboard. I would like to know if you have the results of the recent crash test of the new Ford F-150 and what kind of plow will be offered for that application? I have ordered a new 2004 F-150 Super-cab short-box. I will be doing light residential plowing with it. ( the model that is ordered does not offer the snowplow prep package), I would have to get a straight truck or a long box, I want to use this truck the rest of the year as my personal vehicle and don't need the extra beef at that time . Any help Thanks Jack in WI

2. Adams plowing

Adams plowing Senior Member

One thing to remember with alot of these new trucks if they dont come with the plow prep package you might have issues by adding the plow you might void your warenty. just something to keep in mind.

3. wxmn6

wxmn6 PlowSite.com Addict

Not sure how the warranty issue would be handled, but if you really need a plow, I would put on a really lightweight plow, such as Fisher Homesteader (weighs around 250 pounds complete) or a small Sno-Way. F-150 is not really designed for snowplowing, and it probably would be likely to give you problems if you use it for extensive plowing. Are you doing it for plowing your own driveway? That would probably be fine. But if you are also doing a few of your "friends", you will be asking for trouble, because you probably will be getting more people asking you to plow their driveways.

4. wyldman

wyldman Member

I'd go with a Snoway,and a set of Timbren load boosters.Stay away from the Homesteader,as it's plastic,and probably won't hold up,unless your just doing your own driveway now and again.

5. P&J Lawncare

P&J Lawncare Member

I bought a HOMESTEADER last season and never had any problems with it, I originally bought the plow for my wifes eddie bauer explorer so that I could write off the payments (tax write off) but after using it for the season I am very impressed with the plow. This plow isn't my primary plow but it was used on all my accounts without a hitch. I would have no problem recommending this plow for residential work

internet pictures 056.jpg