1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2004 Fisher MM2 HD 9' prob

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Cosmic Charlie, Sep 24, 2014.

1. Cosmic Charlie

Cosmic Charlie Senior Member

Just connected my MM2 back up

when I use the cab controller the under hood solenoid clicks normal and
    the hydro motor runs & strains - but somewhat pushes the blade to the right (but the blade remains going nowhere) no mater what button I choose on the fish stick

I banged on the unit while trying it - no help

I think my valve manifold is hanging up (?) or something in that area - coil & cartridge ?

fish stick is 1 year old & the under hood wire harness & solenoid is 3 seasons old on my 2011 HD 25 GMC, fluid is full & used for 2 seasons. connections all tight & correct ...

Any help appreciated

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Need to test light the coils while trying a function.
  3. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Check your 3 pin bumper connector. Check ground out at coils on pump. Sounds like none of your valves are getting power or their ground is bad. You can try using a small jumper wire to ground the coils or as a power source for the coils.
  4. Cosmic Charlie

Local Fisher guys say usually Electrical Plug Pin set up failure - I'm bringing it to him next week - ya - I wimped out - let some with knowledge figure it out ... I'll just wreck it worse

5. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Could be as simple as cleaning the connectors at the bumper. No real way to make worse and would be good practice for when something fails out on site at 3am.
  6. TerraScraper

TerraScraper Member

X2 on cleaning the pins and applying dielectric grease to the pins and all the connections. especially if youre hooking it up for the first time. Motor is going but the solenoid isn't opening the valve to let the motor push the fluid to the ram. Keep us posted!!!
  7. Cosmic Charlie

Set up started working fine when I hooked it up to take it to the shop ...

Had it serviced and found no issues, now working fine

I keep the plugs always WELL COVERED in dielectric grease, and the plugs were NOT fraying/worn where the wire meets the plug.

I just do my own driveway now - so no biggie if I have a prob ...

my guess is the plugs were not snugging up like when new

Snow is predicted in 8 weeks - more or less