1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2004 f350 rubbing noise when turning

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by CashinH&P, Nov 25, 2013.

1. CashinH&P

CashinH&P Senior Member

So after getting home from salting saturday night I started to notice a rubbing noise coming from my front end. It sounds like a tire is rubbing when I turn right and only right. I did some research and found that it is most likly the hub assembly, am I correct in thinking this or is there somthing I am over looking. I un locked the hubs this moringing (had not driven the truck since I parked it sunday morning) snd I dont think a hub is locked amd making a weird noise. Any imput would be great thanks guys
  2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Are you sure your tire is mot hitting the mudflap?
    Not getting the part about your hub?
  3. Mitragorz

Mitragorz Senior Member

You can definitely hear it when a hub is going bad. You'll feel it too, like a slight grinding feeling. I've replaced each front hub twice, and am about to replace the left side a third time, so I'm very accustomed to the feeling, lol. Buy quality hubs and not cheapo eBay parts like I did. You'll notice it going straight, but it's more noticeable in a turn.

That's if it IS actually your hub. Jack the front end up and spin the wheel. Tough to turn? Funny noises?
  4. CashinH&P

CashinH&P Senior Member

Turned out it was a hub, blew a break line on my way home yesterday. I hate doing break lines so took it to the shop. They are going to have it done friday as well as the hubs.