1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2004 F150FX4 Super Crew 3750 Front Axle

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Rommel, Sep 28, 2009.

1. Rommel

Rommel Junior Member

I plow my drive 300' and a small office building. I want to put a plow on this vehicle and the dealer suggested a Fisher HT or a Boss 7'6" Standard if I install a Timberin (sp?). THe Fisher is lighter by about 200#. Should I go for it just because of that or get the heavier plow? I am worried about my front end. Is the Timberin a good idea? The dealer said that even though Boss doesn't list the 7'6" Standard plow for my truck it is due to the fact they are basing the model on 4 adults in the vehicle while plowing which will never be the case.
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

For what your going to be doing, go for either one plus the Timberins .
  3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

You could go with the Boss sport duty. It is lighter then the standard duty but every bit as good a plow, perhaps better for your vehicle then the standard duty.
  4. smoore45

smoore45 Senior Member

I have the Boss Sport Duty 7'6" that I use on my F150 Crew for small commercial lots. It works great, has held up fine for the last two years and does not exceed the front GAWR of my truck. I use the 2" coil spacers in the front to give me a little extra clearance when I have the plow on, plus it makes the truck look nicer by sitting level.