1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2004 F-150... Fisher HT or SD?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Hubjeep, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Hubjeep

Hubjeep Senior Member

Howdy all,
    Recently purchased a 2004 F-150, extended cab, 6.5 bed. Looking for a plow to do a few driveways, which I am currently doing with my Jeep Cherokee XJ and a Western Suburbanite (Fisher Homesteader).

Searching around, I found the Fisher HT and SD plows. The HT comes with no cutting edge, the 3/8 steel edge is 56 lbs, the poly is 18 lbs. The SD comes with a poly edge included. So the HT becomes 432 lbs with the poly edge, only making it only 55 lbs heavier than the SD. The "attack angle" of the HT does not appear to be Belgium block apron friendly, I could be wrong.

Most of what I read online says the SD is a much sturdier plow than the HT. Are there any cons to the traditional chain lift that the SD has? Dealer says the HT is $4,000, the SD is $4,325.

Thanks,
    John

2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

I suggest getting the heaviest/strongest plow you are comfortable hanging off the front of your truck. Some Fisher plows do not come with cutting edges because you need to wear down the trip edge before installing the cutting edge. Now down pressure can be handy with these lighter plows but I am not a big fan of it and also don't need it with my XV. Also I think you meant the HT would 55# lighter than the SD, not heavier since the SD is a heavier/stronger plow.

PS, little early yet to start the chain left discussion. There will be plenty of time for that later. :laughing:

3. Hubjeep

Hubjeep Senior Member

Thanks for the reply Kimber,
    Yes, I misstyped that, the SD is 55 lbs heavier.

As much as I want to keep the front end light, they are very close in weight and from what I have read online, the SD is much stronger.

OK about the chain lift discussion, haha... it may be like like discussing synthetic vs. conventional motor oil, everyone has a strong opinion.

Do the HT and SD plows install the same way onto the vehicle (equally easy)?

Thanks,
    John

4. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

They both should be MM2 mounts.

5. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

The SD is a lot more rugged plow than the HT. You would probably be fine with an HD but, if you're nervouse about weight go with the SD.