1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2004 duramax tires

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by jhakarter, Oct 5, 2009.

1. jhakarter

jhakarter Member

I am putting a plow on my 2004 2500 duramax. I am going to crank up the torsion bars in the front a little as well. I am looking at putting a 9.2 boss v or vxt on there. Question I have. I need new tires as well. Putting 265 or 285s on. I have 265s right now and without a plow the dont rub. I know with 285s, without a plow they sometimes rub, and may have to cut my air dam and inside fender a little, do any of you guys have a 9.2 on a 2003-2007 chevy truck with 285 size tires? do they rub real bad or not? thanks
  2. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

I have 285 BFG AT's on my 05 Duramax. I cranked the torsion bars, installed timbrens and shock extensions and I have no problem at all. Nothing rubs and I never cut anything.
  3. JeffNY

JeffNY Senior Member

285 revo's on my non-duramax, nothing rubs.
  4. Q101ATFD

Q101ATFD Senior Member

If I could do it again, I would have put 265s on instead of the 285s on my 2006 Duramax. After trimming, I still get some rubbing on a full-crank turn, and less than full when going over a good bump.
  5. coral

coral Senior Member

285's on my crew cab duramax, no issues. (2003 2500hd)