1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2004 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by archie6214, Oct 6, 2010.

1. archie6214

archie6214 Junior Member

Hi guys I am looking to put a plow on my truck and was wondering if I would have to remove the the front fascia and just put a regular bumper on the front or could I get a plow to fit without interfering with the ground f/x. Attached is a pic of my truck so you get a better idea of what I'm talking about. This will be for my driveway which is about 1000 ft long and maybe a dozen residential accounts. Thanks for all your help.

Ron

dodge ram.jpg

Last edited: Oct 6, 2010
  2. Joneso8

Joneso8 Member

Bumper will almost definately need notched. Also a front leveling kit would help tremendously with ground clearance.

3. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

I think the quick answer is it wont fit, it MIGHT though. The standard bumper has a plastic trim peice on the bottom... how much lower is this one than that? It will also depend on what plow you put on it.

I would guess it needs to be trimmed but ya never know. It will probably be a lot closer than most think.

EDIT: Just a thought but if it doesnt fit just take that piece off for the winter and then in the spring put it back on. The mount will fit behind it I am sure

4. bltp203

bltp203 Senior Member

What make/model of plow were you thinking of putting on?

5. Nozzleman

Nozzleman Senior Member

You may have to swap out the front bumper.

6. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

I think you should be fine but the pic you posted is a 4x2. I have seen a few sports that are pretty tall ride height, there will be some cutting involved. Turn up the t-bars and you'll be good.

7. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Its just the lower ground effect that is in question. The bumper is just fine.

8. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

You'll have to remove the bottom valence. The actual bumper will be fine but the bottom most plastic valence/deflector will need to be removed.

Turning up the Tbars/leveling has nothing to do with the actual mount or bumper location.

9. Cromer_22

Cromer_22 Junior Member

knotch lower valence or trim right off looks better...Id run a western ultra mount for a super clean look while plows off.