1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2004 Dodge Ram 3500 w/ 8' X-Blade

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by rtm038, Jan 15, 2005.

1. rtm038

rtm038 Senior Member
    from NJ

Here's my 2004 Dodge Ram 3500 Quad Cab, short bed, Cummins/auto with a 8' Fisher X-Blade. And yes, those are Meyer Saber lights- much better than the factory Fisher lights.

resiz1.jpg

resiz2.jpg

resiz4.jpg

rs3.jpg

2. PLM-1

PLM-1 Senior Member

Those lights look great on there! When I get my plow I think I'm gonna put those on as well? Have to do anything special to mount those?

3. salopez

salopez Senior Member

yeah they do. let us know if the hook up was any different.

4. rtm038

rtm038 Senior Member
    from NJ

Thanks for the compliments. Wiring the Meyer lights wasn't a PIA at all, it just took some time and research to figure out which terminals on the Meyer lights were for the low, high and ground. In addition, I was able to do it without cutting up the Fisher harness, so I can put the Fisher lights back on if I want. The only thing I was concerned with was the added watts the Meyer lights (h4 bulbs) put out. The low beams are about 5 watts more than the stock Fisher sealed beam lights. I don't think it'll be an issue considering both lights use the same size wiring. As for mounting them, that too was easy. No drilling, grinding, welding, etc.

5. Up North

Up North Senior Member

Great looking set up there rtm038. Put that blade on a silver truck and I'd think that would be the coolest looking set up a guy could have... :cool:

Good luck with it.

Buck

6. Plow King jr.

Plow King jr. Member

very nice :nod:

7. Jt13speed

Jt13speed Senior Member

Did you buy a steel cutting edge for that X-blade? I was just comparing the pictures of ur nice Dodge with ur friends 9' and the pic of ur 8' and it looks like the cutting edge on the 9' isnt as big as the one of ur new 8'. It would be cool if you could get some pics of ur truck next to ur friends dually. 2 sweet new dodges with x blades, now that would be a cool pic. :nod:

8. rtm038

rtm038 Senior Member
    from NJ

Here's a picture (picture 1) of my friend's 9' X-Blade. This picture was taken a few weeks before we replaced the base angle. As the captions says, the base angle worn down through the cutting edge bolt holes after only 18 hours of heavy (very big lots) commercial plowing. When he bought his last year (Nov. 2003), Fisher wasn't adding an additional wear bar to the backside of the X-Blade base angles. Plus, the dealer was unaware that the base angle could that fast when I bought it, so he didn't get the cutting edge. Now, Fisher has started adding a wear bar to the back of the base angles, so people can probably get away without buying a cutting edge when they buy a new X-Blade.

As for my X-Blade (picture 2), I bought it used from a guy who does light commercial plowing. The wear on the base angle was decent, but since my friend and I plow the same lots, I figured it wouldn't last long. So I went and bought a cutting edge and put it on.

I'll see if I can get a picture of both Rams.

Ryan

x-blade.jpg

ryanx.jpg

9. ggwash21

ggwash21 Senior Member

How much did the X-blade run you???? i have only seen one here around northern minn i like the looks hows the performance?
    and also can you give me the wire configure for those lights i have them and only have low or high on i dont know which is which

10. George C

George C Senior Member

I installed a cutting edge right from the get go, and after looking at that 9' blade worn to the nub, I'm glad I did.

BTW, they set you up with the wrong colored lift. Get a can of silver and get rid of that yellow! ;)