1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2004 Dodge Quad 4x4 4.7 Question

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by dss56, Feb 7, 2011.

1. dss56

dss56 Senior Member

I got hit in the rear bumper not bad but a good crease. I go to Liberty and all they want to do is give me money to replace with a after market bumper. I call ins and was told its not a after market bumper. I called the place on the appraisal and the guy told me he has one left at $375 for a complete rear bumper with brackets and top plastic step. Are these AM bumpers any good quality wise. I'm waiting to here from the appraiser. I had to go to the Dodge parts for something and had them give me a price and it was $675 complete.

That is my beef

My question is I have a trailer hitch that looks like there are 2 large bolts and nuts that might be attached to the bumper. On the bumper there is 2 round looking like caps that might cover the heads of these bolts but does not look like they pop off. I tried a thin screw driver and looks like the caps are all in one piece.

Has anyone replaced the rear bumper on a 2004 Quad 1500 and are there any hidden thing I should know like the 2 large bolts on the trailer hitch that might connect to the bumper?

2. MrPLow2011

MrPLow2011 Senior Member
    from Boston

The 2 big Bolts do connect to the bumper.

Aftermarket bumpers are just as bad as the factory ones. As easy as that bumper creases and dings> just buy the after market one. I am on my 3rd bumper on my 04
  3. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

On top of that the factory bumper rust bad anyways. Personally id just take the check and pocket the cash.
  4. dss56

dss56 Senior Member

My question is how do I get to the top of the bolts if I have to on the bumper. Will they spin with just getting a socket on the bottom nut. What about the top where I think the bolts are hidden?

Am I thinking wrong? Any other hidden bolts??

MrPLow2011 why are you on your 3rd bumper???