1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2004 Dodge Dually/w/ Cummins Diesel

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by kingriver, Nov 6, 2005.

1. kingriver

kingriver Senior Member
    from alaska

Bought one new last winter, was kinda in a bind, long story, anyway (wife liked the color exterior and interior) it didnt have the (snowplow prep pkg) exactually what dont I have that I would need when we decide to install a plow anyone know,,,:cool: :cool:

2. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

You already have the heavy springs,
    look for a tranny cooler and look for a power steering cooler to, it's tucked way up by the power steering gearbox and look at the wiring for the headlights, right behind the lights there will be an blue plug for your plow lights. if not you will need to get the plugs or splice in.
    I'm sure i missed something but it's a place to start

3. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

keep in mind the issue of warranty for a non plow prep truck- much discussion here about it.

also- there is a transmission temp idiot light for the plow prep- heavier springs (you have), big alt (136amp I think for the new ones too).