1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2004 dodge 2500

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by dodgegmc1213, Aug 21, 2011.

1. dodgegmc1213

dodgegmc1213 PlowSite.com Addict

just bought a 2004 dodge ram 2500 4x4. came with a older 8' fisher hd plow with the old 2 plug power pack system. switching to the new 3 plug 4 port module insta-act system, putting a newer 8' fisher x-blade on it. i heard a few rumors about dodges front ends breaking with plows, and some say the older ones do. just wanna get anyones opinion about it. thanks :waving:

2. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

I have found that front u jonts last about 70,000 and are a massive pain to replace. Now at 160K im about to change the steering stabilizer parts. I dont think thats excessive.

3. dodgegmc1213

dodgegmc1213 PlowSite.com Addict

it has alil over 90k and it looks like a few stuff has been replaced. the tie rods looks like they have been changed i dont kno if anythin else is. the steering is tight tho. truck rides great, i'll c how it does this winter. my first time plowing with a dodge