1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2004 dodge 2500 undercarriage mount

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by probee, Dec 11, 2004.

1. probee

probee Member

Hey guys,I was wondering which undercarriage is easier to mount,,, a boss or western, drilling holes in frame ect.,will .I have to take the plastic air damp off .or will it go back on without cutting.this will be for a new western or boss vee plow. any input would be appriacted . THANKS

2. bigantPERFECT

bigantPERFECT Junior Member

mount question reply

Hey i just installed a western 8'6 ultra mount on my 2003 dodge ram 2500 and it took me and freind about an hour and a half it was very easy. i have never done a boss but it seems to me that all of the new plow frames are somewhat very easy to install,alot easier then plows back in the day. The air damn can be notched or i just took mine off ,i kinda like it with it off i like when everyone else can see what kind of plow im running ,but u can notch it and its look just as good. my father is notched and his still looks great,take your time notching it. u have to drill 3 holes on each side for the western.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2004
  3. ksland

ksland Senior Member
    from ma

I hear the Meyers/Diamond mount for that truck is a little tricky.