1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2004 Dodge 2500 5.7 4 door Laramie

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by havenprosnow, Nov 10, 2010.

1. havenprosnow

havenprosnow Member

Spoke with my "Buddy" from SIMA yesterday and he indicated my Boss 8'2" might be too big for my truck. I trust what he says because he has been doing this for over 30 years. Any tips to take the stress off the truck?

2. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Its not too big at all, maybe he's thinking of the Cummin's powered trucks but even so it'll handle it.

Check boss's website and use the match tool to see if it works. I believe I've done it before and I could put the 9'2" plow on.

3. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

I have a 8'2" If anything It's too small. You wont have any problems. I wouldn't hesitate to put a 9'2 on it. Go on Boss website and it will tell you what you can put on it.

4. havenprosnow

havenprosnow Member

Any hesitations about the amount of snow its pushing? Should have mentioned that it is a Power V XT.

5. plowguy43

Umm no... The truck will push as much snow as any other. You'll lose traction before you lose power.

6. TPC Services

TPC Services Senior Member

Boss's website will not recommend putting a 8'2" V on a 4 door CTD they will for a reg cab or the gasser 4 doors.But most snowplow dealers or car dealers will not install due to liabilty reasons. You can put one on but this goes back to what i have said on many other posts on here either drill in grease zerts into the sealed bushings up front or go to after market front end parts. The front end will start to do bad after a couple years. Depending on how hard you push it. ( I.E. tie rods ends, balls joints. )

7. plowguy43

His truck is an 04, I'd hope by now it has aftermarket stuff in the front end. I know mine does :)

8. bltp203

bltp203 Senior Member

I have that same setup.......my truck handles the 9.2 with ease. I lose traction before I lose power.

I have replaced the ball joints so far with greasable ones..........no problems since.

9. havenprosnow

havenprosnow Member

What are you (or anyone within ear shot) paying for liability insurance. I know its not the right forum but I have been trying to get insurance and its not easy. Single operator with a dba. Any good ideas for National Insurance Carriers.

10. havenprosnow

havenprosnow Member

Or am I better off just subbing for a year or two under someone elses liability insurance?

11. TPC Services

TPC Services Senior Member

Are you kidding me, I DON"T allow anybody to run off my liability INS to plow for me. thats just a open invite for issues.

12. plowguy43

Call an insurance agent for some quotes-its free and easy.