1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2004 dakota plow

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by bravada75, Oct 27, 2009.

1. bravada75

bravada75 Junior Member

I am getting a boss sport duty 7 footer for my 2004 dakota quad cab it already has a tran cooler and i am putting timbren on the front it has the 4.7l v-8 do you think this will kill my truck it is my dailey driver. i am only doing my work lot and maybe 3 or 4 driveways

thanks
    Brant
    2004 dakota quad 4.7l v-8

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Only if it dead before you put the plow on it. You won't have a problem plowing with it as long as your not plowing the mall with it.

3. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

the trans blew on my 2002 dakota v8 at 30k miles with light plowing.

4. grinch1989

grinch1989 Member
    from CT

I have been plow with my 04 Dak for four years now, about 8 driveways every storm. It has been fine thankfully. I do change the tranny fluid often as well.

5. SD40T2

SD40T2 Member

5 years plowing with my '04 dakota with no problems, just don't abuse the truck and maintain it properly and you should be fine.

6. CarCrazed4Life

CarCrazed4Life Senior Member

I abuse it and I'm still fine. I did however do all the suggested upgrades and bought a truck or upgraded it with the trans cooler, bigger 9.25 rear, and tow package with the larger 265/70/16s and AWD/4Hi/4Lo instead of the RWD/4Hi/4Lo one.

I do some heavy stacking on some serious grade Hotel parking lots. I daily drive my truck. It sbeen 3 years, and from 30k to 75k now. This will be my fourth winter coming up. I've also a pretty abused truck life as its a salvage... but the truck has held up great.

Do the common sense things, do some searching here, and you'll see that I choose a plow that did more work so the the truck did less...

I also have a salter on mine so you know my truck gets more wear and tear and rust corrosion then normal!