1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2004 cummins lost power after trans service

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by murphy4trees, Dec 7, 2010.

1. murphy4trees

murphy4trees Member

I just took my 2004 250 4x4 into the trans shop for a service. Truck has 97,000 miles. Trans was fine, no slip, though the fluid was mighty dark.. We tow a 9,000 lb trailer, but never go much more than 5-10 miles to any job, so the trans never gets that hot.

Anyhow, I AM planning on putting a plow on it this winter. So I took it into the trans shop for a fluid change. I don't know when the last time the fluid was changed, as I bought the truck with 70,000 miles. So truck seems to shift fine now, but I just noticed that with the trailer on it has a LOT less power pulling up hills. That hurts becasue it used to pull really well uphill... NO more!

Anyone know if there is anything I can do to remedy the situation or what might have caused it. The other driver said he felt it too, so its not just all in my head. I was hoping to get some ideas before talking to the trans shop. I don't expect much satisfaction from them.

2. skidooer

skidooer Senior Member

was it just a fluid and filter change or did you do the dreaded flush?

WHITERAM Member

sounds like tv cable out of adjustment. (throttle valve), connects into throttle body or youve got a sticky valve. did they change the filter as well?