1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2004 Chevy 8.0L w/Allison

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by DJL, Feb 13, 2005.

1. DJL

DJL Senior Member

Not a truck guru (will be obvious after reading post)...

Where can I find the fuel filter in my truck. I changed the transmission fluid and filter today but didn't get the time to do the fuel filter...got dark. I'm hoping someone will reply before tomorrow morning so I don't have to go crawling under my truck following the fuel line until I find it. Thx for your help.
  2. redhenny16

redhenny16 Senior Member

It should be on the inside of the left frame rail just under the drivers seat area. 8.1 liter trucks aren't that common but that is where the filter is on 6 liter trucks.
  3. calhoun

calhoun Senior Member

04 6.0L are in the tank and are not servicable. Supoosed to last as long as the pump. This new system dosent recirculate the fuel like the old system. So I guess GM figured not nearly the amount of fuel will pass though it.
  4. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

how do you like alli tranny
  5. snow warrior

snow warrior Member

good question will have to look at mine tommorrow af you cant wait call you dealer and ask. love my allison tranny :D :D
  6. redhenny16

redhenny16 Senior Member

Sorry, calhoun was correct. The fuel filter for your truck is in the tank. Pretty brilliant idea, I wonder where GM is finding thier engineers these days?
  7. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

Just replaced my first fuel filter on a gas GM product this fall. My 89 2500. It rusted in 2, ended up replacing my gas tank and fuel lines at the same time.

Oh, by the way, there was no debris in the filter..... :p