1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2004 Chevy 3500 silverado 1-ton dump with blizzard 810 in vermont

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by grassmanvt, Feb 7, 2007.

1. grassmanvt

grassmanvt Senior Member
    from Vermont

Hi guys, made the mistake of stopping by my local dealer today and looks like I'm getting a new truck so up for sale today is my 2004 chevy silverado 3500 4wd 1-ton dump, 6.0 v-8 gas. It currently has about 22,000 miles and is still under factory warranty till next November or 37,000 miles, whicever comes first. It has a 8.5 foot american cargo dump body, an extremely heavy duty hitch plate custom made by a local heavy truck upfitter/metal shop. It also has a blizzard 810 power plow with the hydraulic extending wings on it. The whole package was bought new by me and about 98% of the mileage has been put on by me. I will try to clean it up and get pictures tommorrow. Its victory red, has a factory cd player, up level cloth bench with the folding center console. Depending on how long new truck takes to build this one should be available within the next week or two at most. It is almost due for tires but if I get me asking price I'll put on a new set. The cab/chassis stickered (retail) for 30k and change, the body and hitch plate was about 7k(actual cost), and the blizzard installed was close to 5k(actual cost), thats a retail of about 42k, depending on rebates etc, the truck, body, and plow should be in the mid 30 range. I am asking 26k and would put a new round of rubber on for that price. It really is a great work truck, I am replacing it with basically the exact same cab/chassis set up since I have been very pleased with the set up. Also, for you guys who say the diesel is so much better well, empty, I have gotten as good as 12-13 mpg with this truck hiway, and plowing get 5-6, a friend with a new ford diesel is getting about 6-7 plowing and the same as me unloaded, so, don't underestimate this engine, its been great for me and has plenty of power. I wouldn't even think of replacing it with anything differant. Again, I will try to have pictures in the next day or two, please feel free to reply with quetions or picture request and I'll email them as soon as I get some. Thanks.

2. jglandscaping

jglandscaping Senior Member

To bad its not silverbirch metallic; Im looking at adding another 1 ton this season.
    James

3. grassmanvt

grassmanvt Senior Member
    from Vermont

yeah I know what you mean I think my new one will be white, I really wanted red again but money talks, color walks!

4. grassmanvt

grassmanvt Senior Member
    from Vermont

a few picstures,I have some better outdoor ones if anyone would like them, they are too big to post though.

04' silverado 1-ton with blizzard 810 001.jpg

5. grassmanvt

grassmanvt Senior Member
    from Vermont

stainless sander not included in the price mentioned above but I'll give a a heck of a deal on the whole package! Plow has a thicker than stock edge and I also had grouser bar welded to that edge for more wear resistance, that was done in the middle of last year. Quite a bit of wear left in it.

04' silverado 1-ton with blizzard 810 003.jpg

6. grassmanvt

grassmanvt Senior Member
    from Vermont

another picture

04' silverado 1-ton with blizzard 810 005.jpg

7. grassmanvt

grassmanvt Senior Member
    from Vermont

Back to the top, how about 25k for the dump truck with the 810 blizzard power plow with a new set of tires, that grab anyone attention??? If someone wanted the truck without the plow I would consider on offer like that too. Just trying to give you powsite guys a chance before it hits ebay.

8. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

Is that Wyman's in Hillsboro NH I see on the door? Didn't know if you had a Wyman's somewhere in VT

9. grassmanvt

grassmanvt Senior Member
    from Vermont

Yup, came from Wyman's in hillsboro.