1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2004 chevy 3/4 ballast and frot end questions/ Timbrens

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by HGT INC., Jan 1, 2012.

1. HGT INC.

HGT INC. Senior Member
    from MI.

Hello, I have a 2004 Chevy K2500,Boss 7.6 Super Duty plow. I have the torsion bars cranked up and I have an extra leaf spring added. I have the extra leaf added, as I have a Perma Green Spreader and bracket that I use in summer. With the weight of the plow the back end sits high. I would like to lower it a bit. Question is, can I add ballast in the bed and how much or would a set of Timbrens on the front or both. I have read here about excess (ballast) weight in the bed causing frame failure. I have operated this way for several years now, But I would like the truck leveled out some Thanks everyone.Jerry.

2. cubanb343

cubanb343 Senior Member
    from ERIE

Sounds to me like you need a leveling kit.. I have one and it carries the plow well. Or maybe you could look into air shocks. That way you could adjust the height. I am going to look into those for mine. If you have any questions about the leveling kit just ask

3. HGT INC.

HGT INC. Senior Member
    from MI.

leveling kit

What brand are you going to use, do you have any idea on price and difficulty to install, thanks