1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2004 Chevy 1500 crew cab

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by frzfrd32, Feb 21, 2010.

1. frzfrd32

frzfrd32 Junior Member

I was looking at a 2004 chevy 1500 with a crew cab which i would use for plowing. Someone told me that crew cabs werent good for plowing because the frame on the truck would get twisted up. Would this truck be allright for plowing or is it not heavy duty enough? I would like to do some commercial work with it. What size plow could I put on it?

2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

The frame would get all twisted up? That's pretty funny.

Plenty of guys plow with Crew Cabs, but they are 2500 or 3500 trucks. The biggest problem with crew cabs is they put a tremendous amount of weight on the front axle compared to a reg cab truck.

I wouldn't put anything more than a lightweight plow on a 1500 CC, like a Sno-Way or Sport Duty
    If you are going to be doing commercial, you should be looking for a 2500

Last edited: Feb 21, 2010
  3. frzfrd32

frzfrd32 Junior Member

allright thanks hopefully i can find one in my budget

4. 06Sierra

06Sierra PlowSite.com Addict
    from Maine

I have a 7.5' mm1 rd on my 06 crew cab. Poss. getting an 8' mm2 hd. BUT I don't plow commercial. If I did I'd find a way to get at least a 2500.