1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2004 8'2'' Poly V plow Question

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by luke_willy84, Jan 25, 2008.

1. luke_willy84

luke_willy84 Member

I found a 2004 Boss V for $3595. This plow has the smart lock cylinders, snow deflector, and handheld controller. Just wondering if this was a descent price for this plow. It also has all the wiring and mount for my truck as well. Hoping to upgrade from my meyer 7.5 ft straight blade.

2. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Doesn't sound to bad to me....especially if the truck mount will work for you. The truck mounts can be very spendy.

3. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

I paid close to 6 g's for mine new with the same equipment. Not a bad price if its in decent shape.

4. bltp203

bltp203 Senior Member

If you had to buy a new mount I would say that price was a tad high, but otherwise sounds good so far.........have any pics to share?

5. luke_willy84

luke_willy84 Member

I don't have any pics right now...the lady said she thought she had them on her comp, but didn't so she'll have to take some monday and send them to me. I'm not even sure if the plow is in good shape, but I'm hoping it is.

6. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Is it an old lady. I got my truck and plow from an old man that drove it around town and did his little 30 ft drive with it. The plow looked better then my buddies that just put a new one on. Old people are the ones you want to buy from. Low miles and they baby it. I mean i baby my equipment. My truck and equipment gets more stuff in a month then I buy my GF in a year....

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Sounds like a pretty good buy since it also includes the correct mount for your truck and the SmartLocks.

8. luke_willy84

luke_willy84 Member

Well I bought this plow for $3600 installed. I take the truck back in Thursday morning to have it installed. I bought it from Flory landscaping in Greenville OH mrplowsnowequipment.com Here is a few pics of the plow

Back.jpg

Back 2.jpg

front 2.jpg

Side.jpg

9. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Good deal. Welcome to the Boss family. :drinkup:

10. Kevin Kendrick

Kevin Kendrick Senior Member

Good looking plow. This plow does NOT have SmartLock cylinders on it though. Just FYI. The SmartLock cylinder labels are white, not red. Also, when your blades are worn out, consider the new Formed cutting edges that eliminate the center "Snow Catcher" and gives you built in curb guards. The new cutting edges are twice as hard as the old style. Good luck.

11. luke_willy84

luke_willy84 Member

I noticed that they weren't the smartlocks today when I went to check it out. Which was ok with me bc I don't do much backdragging. I will definitely get the new style cutting edge when this one is worn out. hopefully it will snow soon so I can try it out.:drinkup:

12. Snow-Kid

Snow-Kid Senior Member
    from nw ohio

I went down to greenville to look at boss v blades when i was looking kevin is a good guy he will treat you right.

13. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

make sure to reposition the angle cylinder hoses so they do not rub the springs.

14. luke_willy84

luke_willy84 Member

Thanks for the advice I will move the hoses when I get the plow on Thursday. Any other things I should look for with the boss v plows? I am new to the boss and v plows both.

15. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Looks to be well worth $3500 installed. And congrats on the purchase...

I guess you noticed the the pass side cutting edge has been welded? Not a big deal though...

Like 04SD mentioned, definitely want to re route the wing hose's or it'll pinch them in the wing springs if the wings come back while stacking.

16. luke_willy84

luke_willy84 Member

Yeah, I noticed the weld, but I didn't figure that was a big deal. Figured the weld would hold up, and definitely didn't think it was any reason not to purchase:)

17. wpprice

wpprice Junior Member

Boss hose

The hoses should be just fine when hooked up to the truck and the mast is in the mounted position, not much to change with out buying different fittings

18. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Yea, those hoses need to rerouted. Mounting it on the truck will make no difference, sooner or later there going to get pinched in the springs.

New fittings are not necessary, just a turn with a wrench is all that is needed,