1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2004 8.5 Mvp ???

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by luke_willy84, Jan 12, 2008.

1. luke_willy84

luke_willy84 Member

There is a 2004 8.5 MVP for sale on Ebay for 3995. This plow is only about 45 mins away from where I live. I was wondering if this is a descent price for this year plow? I was also wondering if it would be worth the extra money to just wait and get an MVP plus before next winter or if there is that much difference between the 2. I would like a poly plow so I dont have to worry about the moldboard rusting and snow sticking as much, but if it were a good enough deal I'd go for a steal. Any thoughts or opinions would be helpful

2. Runner

Runner Senior Member

Not a super price fr this plow. One thing to consider, is that the poly plows are much ore prone to structural damage due to lack of support of the steel moldboard (we've repaired a few of them). Another thing to consider with these older MVP's, is that they were slow...and I mean slooowwww. I'm not sure, but I think this plow retailed for around 5 g's four yeas ago, so you can be pretty confident that it has to have depreciated more than $1000 in 4 years.

3. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Too much payup a used V in good shape no matter the brand is worth $2500ish 8ft straight should be $1500-1900 with everything. Just picked up a 9.5 Hiniker V that the guy used to do his drive last year, he said 7 times I would guess 1 paid $3550 complete. Just had to get the extra light relays to fit the 07NBS.

4. NootDogg

NootDogg Senior Member
    from WI

If you want I can sell you a whole truck with a MVP plus on it. As for a poly. what is an extra 30lbs gonna do. Just get a metal one.

5. luke_willy84

luke_willy84 Member

I dont need a truck with a MVP plus, I just need an MVP plus 8.5 ft:) I have an 03 duramax 3/4 ton

6. demoman

demoman Junior Member
    from chicago

I have a brand new 2006 mvp 8.5 with Ford mounts and harness for $3900

7. luke_willy84

luke_willy84 Member

Is the brand new MVP steel or poly? and how much without the ford mounts? You can always sell the Ford mounts on ebay and drop the price $500 :) just a thought lol

Last edited: Jan 13, 2008
  8. demoman

demoman Junior Member
    from chicago

It's steel $3500 without mounts

9. luke_willy84

luke_willy84 Member

That is the last year before the MVP plus came out correct? Meaning it doesn't have the nighthawk headlights? Just curious, I'd rather a plus and poly but if thats never been used that might be something for me to seriously think about. Are you a dealer that just has one leftover?

10. demoman

demoman Junior Member
    from chicago

Yes it is before MVP plus any questions give me a call,Larry # 312 907-4310

11. Wieckster

Wieckster Senior Member

I have a MVP with all the wiring and mounts and controller that is 4 years old for sale for $2500 if your interested Email me at Crockriver@hotmail.com