1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2004 3500 Chevy broken frame with Gussets

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by jason and jason, Jan 29, 2014.

1. jason and jason

jason and jason Junior Member

I have a chevy 3500 srw 2004, 8.1 allison combo broke the frame 3-4 years ago put gussets re did this thing and it broke again any suggestions, I run 9-2 boss v. It probaly has 150 hours of plowing this season. and I work the truck super hard. thanks

2. Fantastic

Fantastic Senior Member

Any pics of where it broke etc?

3. fordsuvparts

fordsuvparts Senior Member

Buy a FORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, couldn't not let that slip. Can you post pics of the damage and the surrounding area. Who did the repair before and how did they repair it? Where did it break?

Last edited: Jan 30, 2014
  4. 32vld

32vld Senior Member
    from LI, NY

Find a better welder to make a stronger repair.

Then reevaluate how you plow. Yes it is more truck then a 1/2 ton. Though a 1 ton pickup is still not a skid steer or bucket loader.

5. Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan Senior Member

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 30, 2014
  6. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

Wow. Rough crowd. Pics would be good though. I have done a couple of these for people.
    T.J.