1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2004 3/4 Ton Chevy Suburban

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by PLOWKING79, Jan 18, 2004.

1. PLOWKING79

PLOWKING79 Junior Member
    from chicago

hey guys, I'm interested in buying a 3/4 ton suburban fully loaded with a plow prep pack. Does any plow with one of these and if so what kind of plow do u have on it ? I have Western plows on my other trucks and was wondering if I should be able to get by with a 7.5 western or if I should look into buying my first sno-way plow?

2. JMR

JMR Senior Member

I have four plow vehicles. One is an older 1/2 ton suburban with a 7 1/2 Meyer poly. It plows just fine. The biggest problem is vision or lack there of. My daily driver is a 96 3/4 ton suburban 7.4 liter no plow though. I considered putting a plow on it but vision is even worse than on my older suburban. My personal opinion, but I would much rather plow with a pick-up. If you do lots of backing up in tight places you will find out why in a hurry. The back and side windows are almost impossible to keep clear when its snowing hard.

3. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

You can pretty much put any type of plow on that model. However, just like JMR said, your visibility will be reduced greatly. Plus, you have to haul salt or a snowblower, would you want that stuff in the back of it?:waving:

4. Alan_T

Alan_T Junior Member

Plowking,
    I have a Blizzard 8' straight blade on my 2003 3/4 ton Suburban (8.1 L engine- without the plow prep package) and it works very well. Before having the plow installed I cranked up the torsion bars ("K" rate bars) 4 1/2 turns,put on Timbrens and had the alignment checked and found it was still within factory specs. I also put on Cooper Discoverers M/S on all fours @ 80 pounds and find that without running any ballast in the rear the front end drops only 1 inch with the plow raised.

5. Jt13speed

Jt13speed Senior Member

I would think that you could get as big of a plow as you want because you have the plow prep...fisher says up to a 8 1/2 i think even on a tahoe!...hope you find a good plow and post some pics for us. thanks