1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2004 & 2005 ram 2500 diesel vibration at 72 mph

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by rshaffer1088, Oct 9, 2005.

1. rshaffer1088

rshaffer1088 Junior Member

who else has this & who has fixed it & what was done.

2. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

We had a u-joint go out on our 2003 at about 50k miles.

As for my 2005, I have no problems from 0-80. Once you start getting to 90, there's a little rattle. :waving:

3. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

No problems here, I've had it up to around 90mph...If I were you I would take it in and have them look at it.

4. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

once its at 90, the only rattle you have is your foot hesitating wether or not to take it through the floor. right? lol

5. BreyerConstruct

BreyerConstruct Senior Member

I may be incorrect, but this has been discussed @ TDR a bit.

Check with the dealer, it may be a misalligned rear axel, if memory serves...

Hope this helps.

~Matt

6. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

check out dodge talk .com
    my 98 had lots of shaking my 04 no shaking
    john

7. rshaffer1088

rshaffer1088 Junior Member

vibration

misallignment meaning pitch of axle to driveshaft

8. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

Premier -

Yes, that's what I was talking about... the rattle of the diesel trucking down the road.

I guess I need one of those face-dealies with a tongue in it's cheek. :nod:

9. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

I have it too. It is the engines natural vibration, maybe some have it worse than others. If you'll notice when you are going 72mph your RPM's will be or close to 2000. It is normal. I had the service mananger ride with me and I have a 6 speed. I thought it might have been a drive shaft. We got up to 70mph and he told me to push in the clutch, VIBRATION GONE. Mine has the same vibration at 35mph at 2000 rpms. Go to DieselRam.com. I am on there all the time. Take it in if it makes you feel better, but thats a 6cyl Cummins for ya.