1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2004 1500 2wd 6cyl plow mount?

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by xodo20x, Oct 2, 2009.

Tags:
  1. xodo20x

xodo20x Junior Member

cant find one anywhere. anyone know for sure if they make them. any advise on how i should go about finding a mount?

2. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

Buy a bigger, 4WD truck.

3. xodo20x

xodo20x Junior Member

wish i thought of that.

guess i should have thought about that before i asked. haha thanks for the input really helped. (have 25 accounts in line. laid off worker no money for new truck so i need a mount for mine. a couple snows and im golden to get a new truck.

4. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Make one but your truck wont do anything in the snow. Why would you even consider it? 25 accounts and no equipment, nice :laughing:

Sell it and buy a real truck. Its kind of like me asking where to get a mount for my Accord

Let me guess... the Joliet area Craigslist has an ad that says "driveways plowed $10" :realmad:

5. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

Put 2000 lbs in the bed of that truck and you'll be surprised on how much it can push... Get some BFG all terrains or some really good winters or else your wasting your time...

6. xodo20x

xodo20x Junior Member

ouch you guys are harsh. its not an add on craigslist for 10 bucks. had a truck last year engine locked up on me. have same account contracts signed. need my truck to get through a couple snows. unless i buy a real beater that i know wouldnt get me through anything.

7. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I do much of my plowing in 2wd. But I also have at least a ton in the spreader. You really need good snow tires, and a set of chains on hand. Maybe two, in case you break one.

I'm guessing for the money you will spend finding/fabbing/modifying a mount, truck side wiring, snow tires, chains, timbrens for the ballast, who knows what you need up front, winch, safety flares, overnight kit, space blanket, a new transmission, ball joints, tie rods, and what ever else you destroy in the spring, you could put a motor in your other truck. What's your other truck?

What kind/brand/size of plow do you intend to run on this Mini Mighty Mopar? I really hope it's not an 8611.

8. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

:laughing: :laughing:

9. xodo20x

xodo20x Junior Member

had 89 silverado with v8 4x4. sold it to help buy the dodge. if i could find a reliable truck with plow for under 1500.00 i would be good. just dont know if i can find one. you guys are funny though like the idea of the overnight blanket. just was asking if anyone knew of a mount because im sure im not the first person to want to put a plow on a 2wd truck with a v6 and manual trans. but i could be the first. who knows.

10. JohnnyRoyale

Nah man, you're fn hilarious!! Thats the funniest thing I've heard in a very long time...stop-you're fn killing me. :laughing::laughing:

11. xodo20x

xodo20x Junior Member

yup guess im the first.

12. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

And last. You are going to kill that truck. You will probably take out the clutch the first storm.

13. Newdude

Newdude Senior Member

You are in quite a rough spot. No manufacturer makes a 2wd mount, save for 4500-5500's and up. If you sold the Dodge, and then bought a 4x4, 1/2 ton or bigger, with a V8, and auto trans, you would be much better off.

14. DAFFMOBILEWASH

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

Find a sub to do the work and save up for a real plow truck. DO NOT waste your time or $$ on the 2wd 1500.

15. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

16. rm25x

rm25x Member

[​IMG]

17. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

What kind of plow do you have?

18. JohnnyRoyale