1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2003 Yukon Denali - Plowing with ride control / stabilitrak?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by vi009dz, Sep 29, 2015.

1. vi009dz

vi009dz Member

I have a 2001 Yukon SLT with a Western HTS, and the Yukon is a massive turd. I strictly plow my 1/4 mile, relatively flat driveway and its served its purpose well but is shot on many fronts.

I would like to purchase a cleaner Yukon Denali or Escalade to replace the Yukon. The HTS will bolt up, but I'm wondering if anyone knows how plowing will play with the ride control and stabilitrak in the 2003+ Denali / Escalade.

I'm a touch concerned that the truck will sag in front from the plow, the suspension sensing will 'think' I am under hard braking, the brakes won't be on, traction control will be enabled etc etc etc.

My '01 had the ABS module go on the frame rail, and I simply pulled the fuse for it. I had no ABS, the ABS and Brake lights are on in the dash but the vehicle still ran and stopped perfectly. Will the same thing happen with a Ride Control / Stabilitrak vehicle? Can I simply turn it off while plowing?

I've read all the "you can't plow with an AWD, 4x4 is better etc." Yeah Yeah sure. I plow in 2WD the majority of the time, so going to a Denali / Escalade and plowing 10x a year on flat ground doesn't concern me.

If anyone with a similar vehicle could speak up to how the vehicle 'plays' when a plow is hung off the front, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Just keep the 01 for plowing.

3. Sprag-O

Sprag-O Senior Member

My 2011 Silverado work truck, we'd just push/hold the stabilitrak button, and it would kill all the fancy stuff.

4. vi009dz

vi009dz Member

Thanks for the help. Yes, I should hold the 01 for plowing but I really don't want the upkeep and hassle. it's one more rig to store, maintain, etc.

5. GetMore

GetMore Senior Member

I don't think the system will "see" the sag in the front end. Brake bias seems to act on rear lockup.
    Stabilitrak doesn't care if you have a plow on, it only activates if your steering and direction don't agree.

I believe you are overthinking it.

6. jerseydrew

jerseydrew Senior Member
    from jersey

it won't make a difference. the stabilitrack reads wheel speeds. and the air suspension only raises the rear if need be. it will be fine and don't worry about it.

7. vi009dz

vi009dz Member

Thank you for the feedback jersey & Get.

:drinkup: