1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2003 Wrangler Rubicon with Meyer Plow

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Mems, Sep 19, 2013.

1. Mems

Mems Senior Member
    from Maine

Hey all,

Looking to sell my Wrangler and get into a better vehicle that my dad is selling to plow for this up and coming season. I took on a few more accounts this year and one is a private road, which would tax the hell out of the Jeep i think so its time to move on to something bigger.

This rig is bullet proof and has been well taken care of. It moves a ton of snow and with 300lb or so of weight in the back, its a tank.

2003 Wrangler Rubicon with Meyer plow
    $10,000.00 Firm
    Hey All,

Looking to get rid of my Rubicon as I bought something larger.

2003 Rubicon-94K miles

Items that have been upgraded to better suit wheeling and plowing:
    -Two sets of wheels and tires:
    (5) Stock Moabs with some marks on them, Plasti dipped black with 285/75R16 Guard Dogs with kedge grip 70% tread. These are a beast in the snow.
    (4) 15" Ultra wheels.
    -4" RC lift.
    -Brand new Bilstein shocks front and rear
    -Front and rear Differential Locks "lockers". Diff lock mod done to allow for use in all transfer case modes. 4HI, 4LOW, and 2 HI
    -Clutch replaced 10K miles ago
    -Custom made rear bumper with tow hitch
    -Trailer wiring installed
    -Custom overhead console installed with 4 switches for accessories of your choice as well as a slot for CB and one for scanner
    -Custom rear rack attached to rollbars for internal higher storage.
    -Brand new balljoints upper and lower less than 1000 miles ago
    -Brand new front hubs both sides less than 1000 miles ago
    -Full synthetic replacement of all fluids
    -Sears AGM Platinum battery less than a year old. Plenty of warranty left.
    -Whelen amber rear strobes installed above tail lights. 1" dome lights.
    -8 bank fuse block installed behind glove compartment.
    -Comes with Hardtop and soft top
    -Meyer's 7' plow with custom mount. Has worked great for the past 3 seasons. New hoses. Pump was rebuilt prior to last years snow. Plow also has Pro-wings installed that are removable.

The bad-spare moab has no tire and has grind marks inside of rim. I used a spare tire with RV antifreeze in it to get me home without an issue but I wouldnt run it as a primary. As a spare it works perfectly fine.
    Typical rear transfer case seal that is leaking. Im working on this and will have it done by pickup. No big deal, just wanted to be honest.

This has been a great rig. Always reliable. Never beat. Minor paint chips, very few. Clean silver rig. Red lift components.

Questions give me a call- 207-956-oo39 or email.
    Looking for $10,000 Firm
    Not looking for trades at this time due to buying my dad's pickup at a stellar deal.

2. cj7plowing

cj7plowing Senior Member

is it auto or stick? is the plow frame welded to the jeep frame? do you remove it during the summer?
  3. Mems

Mems Senior Member
    from Maine

5 speed standard. 4.0 straight 6 engine.

Both parts, the upper pump mount and the lower frame that connects to the plow a frame get attached by grade 8 bolts which are included. The upper mount uses the 4 stock bumper holes and the lower mount uses an old YJ mount that I had a professional welder custom fabricate to work with the TJ is a similar fashion to how it mounted to a YJ and also to be removable via 4 grade 8 bolts so I could take it off for the summer. I left the plow mounts attached for the winter just for ease, although they could be removed in about 10 minutes if needed.
  4. Mems

Mems Senior Member
    from Maine

Also, willing to trade for a decent plow truck worth the asking price. I was supposed to get my dads 3/4 ton but it sounds like he's getting cold feet and wants to keep it around.
  5. 99tjer

99tjer Junior Member

How's the body ? Any rust on body/ frame ?
  6. Mems

Mems Senior Member
    from Maine

Very minor surface rust on the skid plate, axles, control arms but it's in Very good condition. No body rust what so ever.
  7. muddy00

muddy00 Member

still for sale?
  8. Mems

Mems Senior Member
    from Maine

Jeep is still available, plow has now been sold.