1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2003 Tundra - FS upgrade?

Discussion in 'Import and Other Trucks (Light Duty)' started by JoeZV8, Jan 31, 2011.

1. JoeZV8

JoeZV8 Junior Member

Just wondering what people with 1st gen Tundra's are doing as far as suspension upgrades go.

I have a set of Bilstein HD's waiting to go in, but how about spring and bumpstop upgrades?

I only have a snowbear plow right now that I acquired for free from a relative....but if I keep making more "friends" that need to be plowed out I may bump up to something a bit more robust than the snowbear (ex boss sport duty).

Since I'm going to be doing the struts soon, what else should I consider??

2. CarCrazed4Life

CarCrazed4Life Senior Member

Timbrens should be good enough for a Snowbear if that.

3. JoeZV8

JoeZV8 Junior Member

The truck handles the snowbear just fine with it's whooped front suspension right now. But since I have struts I'm about to install I figured I'd find out if there were any other upgrades people were doing. I may move to something a little bigger next year, and I'd rather do the suspension once rather than dig in again later this year.