1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2003 tahoe turn signal

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by nor'easter1, Jan 24, 2009.

1. nor'easter1

nor'easter1 Senior Member

Hello people's need a little help with the wife's 2003 tahoe. When you put the left turn signal on it trips the hazards which stay on for at least 20 seconds then default back to left only. Right signal is fine. Local guy at auto parts store say it is a dealer issue with some "module" being faulty. Any one know a way around the dealeership which will only create more issues I am sure. Any advice would be great.

2. JMR

JMR Senior Member

My GUESS would be to replace the turn signal/flasher module. It is
    located behind the knee bolster in the area of your left knee.
    The updated GM part number is 10383321. The flasher module is
    about 2-1/2' x 1' x 1' with 10 pins.

THIS IS ONLY A GUESS. There is no substitute for the correct diagonostic procedures to correctly pinpoint the problem and make the correct repairs. A GOOD independent repair shop should be able to handle the problem. Why would you think your stuck going to the dealer ?

3. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

My buddy had the same thing happen it was a bad 4way flasher switch. Was on an 03' 2500. But nowadays it could be a bad ground on the wiper motor:dizzy: Good luck

4. nor'easter1

nor'easter1 Senior Member

Thanks for the help. You know going to dealership for one thing and they find twenty more things especially in today's economy