1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2003 silverado ac works or ten min the stops

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by ezjarecki, Jul 22, 2010.

1. ezjarecki

ezjarecki Junior Member
    from omaha

i have a 2003 siverado the ac works fine for ten min then stops the ac lines get smoking hot and if i take the hose to the condensor for a min then the air will work again fine so the ac is ovrheating and i can figure out why? does anyone know whats wrong??

2. Medicjdl

Medicjdl Member
    from 02893

I have the same thing with mine. I was told it was an air bubble in the line. Still have yet to go some place and have it all drained then refilled....$$$

3. Schwinn68

Schwinn68 Senior Member

mine just started doing this too. I thought it was just low on freon but when I put a gauge on it, it looks like it has enough. I'm open to any suggestions on how to fix this too

4. ezjarecki

ezjarecki Junior Member
    from omaha

Ok well if it might b a air bubble ill got get the vacume and put it on there mayb itl get the air out?