1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2003 SD F250 4X4 Supercab

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by 7thInfantryDiv., Dec 8, 2008.

1. 7thInfantryDiv.

7thInfantryDiv. Junior Member

Hi all, I just bought a 2003 SD F 250 4X4 Supercab 5.4L V-8. I plan on doing my driveway, my daughters driveway and my neighbors driveway(she is in her 80's). Should I go with a straight plow or a V plow? Steel or Poly ? any specific brand? and if you know of a reasonably priced installer in the Aurora, Illinois area? I would prefer straight blade, 6 to 7 feet long that I can angle left and right and a light one, I am disabled and don't need alot and can't do alot of physical movement. Truck cost me $7k, I figure another 3k to 4k for plow and install. Does that sound about right? Any advice and comments are welcomed. I had to upgrade, I could not push my walker anymore with the 48" plow I have on it!!! wesport :salute:ussmileyflag

2. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

An 8' Boss would be perfect for you becouse of it's mounting system JMO, they go on very easy.

3. Vinnie

Vinnie Senior Member

I bought my Fisher plow from Tim Wallace in Bolingbrook . They advertise here if you decide to check them out . I installed my own plow but they did a few things that impressed me . They have a showroom that you may want to check out because I,m thinking you are looking for the easiest plow to hook up . I dont know what Boss offers but Wallace offers 8 different brands.

4. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

you dont need a V, 8 ft plow for a truck that BIG the Boss is easy to mount or Snoway

5. Bolt-1

Bolt-1 Senior Member

Me, I like my Boss. I also have a couple friends that have Snoway. Ive seen them. there easy also. Either one is a good choice.

6. Buckhunter

Buckhunter Member

A boss plow would be perfect for your situation. All you have to do is line up the truck and plow and flip two pins then flip the switch and the plow raises itself right to the truck for you.

7. rbergevine

rbergevine Member

First, if you served with the 7th ID, let me say thank you for your service !!
    The Fisher MM2 is a good choice. Thought I've not used them Boss and some others seem to be similarly simple to mount. Much of it becomes personal choice but there is a lot of info out there to help you.

8. 7thInfantryDiv.

Thanks all, I am waiting to hear back from several places on costs. Lowest price so far is a place in Tinley Park (Buyer Spreader and SnowDogg Plow)for the plow and spreader $4800.00 but don't know the install price yet. Highest was Naperville, $5400 just for plow and install, no spreader price. Will be looking for 7'6' to 8" Straight and most say easy on easy off. Thanks again for the input, and yes, I served with the 7th ID and it was my honor to do so.

9. rjnjr1019

rjnjr1019 Senior Member

are you buying the snow dogg??

10. 7thInfantryDiv.

Still waiting on 2 other estimates, but the other 2 have not responded so it looks like the Tinley Park SnowDogg system will get the job. 7'.5" SS SNOWDOGG EX Plow system with SALTDOGG TGS05B Spreader system with installation and tax will be $5325.94. Not bad considering the Naperville BOSS people said that they wanted $5400.00 for Meyer plow and install only, no spreader. :salute:ussmileyflag:salute:

11. rjnjr1019

rjnjr1019 Senior Member

I pick up my truck tomorrow. I just had a 7.5 snow dogg installed. I went out to buy a weastern and ended up with the dogg compleat tax and installed 3800.00 cant wait to try it out.

12. 2003ctd

2003ctd Senior Member

A friend of mine has a small shop in glen ellyn, and does plow installs.. If I remember correctly he may have a used Western ultra mount setup for your truck... 630-469-8460