1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2003 Ram 3500 5.9L HO Cummins Turbo Diesel

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by T.French, Dec 8, 2005.

1. T.French

T.French Member

Was looking on Amsoil website want to get oil,oil filters and air filters.Wants to know if I have VIN Code 6 or VIN Code C.How do I tell which I have.Also What Fluids or filters do the rest of you Cummins owners use?Where do you's feel you get the best deal? Thanks for any input in advance.
    Tim

2. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

8th digit vin

john

3. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

I run 100% Amzoil fluids in everything, regular filters.

Change oil every 15k miles, filters every 7.5k.

4. dieseltroop

dieseltroop Member

I change my oil/filter every 3750 miles. I having been using Mobil Delvac 1300for awhile now and have not seen any problems. For filter use, I use the Fleetguard Stratapore filter. The filter runs about $12.00, which that may be on the high end, but I guess for me, I would like to keep the engine oil as clean as possible as it circulates throughout the engine.

5. kgb

kgb Member
    from nj

Rotella only, best tobuy in Home depot 6.99 gal (wallmart use to be cheapest, but no more). Mopar filters only go on ebay and buy bulk. Don't forget PowerService, good stuff (wallmart).