1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2003 Ram 2500 to a 2006 Ram 2500

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by shott8283, Mar 9, 2011.

1. shott8283

shott8283 Senior Member

just picked up a 2003 ram 2500 and looking for an ultramount

i found a 9'6" VEE ultramount that was taken off a 2006 ram

will the truck side frame swap over and the headlight harness swap over clean?

just curious if the parts are the same ..

the frames of both trucks are the same, i believe, so i think that should be ok. and i doubt the harness is too different. both trucks are 3rd gen

thanks guys!

2. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

The mount is the same. The only difference in the wiring could be the headlight harness. Not a big deal. The 06 should have the h13 bulb. If your 03 does than the wiring will swap over also.

3. shott8283

shott8283 Senior Member

ok. the truck side does swap over easy. the headlamps are different though. my 03 has 9007 bulbs and the harness is wired for H13/9008 bulbs.

BUt

i think I have a way around that without spending any money on a new western harness. i found a website that you can get factory harnesses females and male sides... ill need 8 total. 4 female and 4 male, and 4 are for the 9008 and 4 are for the 9007

ill make my own conversion adapters..

4. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

What is the name of the web site??

5. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

Yes please share.

6. shott8283

shott8283 Senior Member

http://autolumination.com/connectors.htm

sorry it took so long guys

this was the way i was going to go. i was just going to order 2 female and 2 male 9007 plugs and just hack off the 9008 plugs on the harness, shoot out the signals and wire as is should. would have been way cheaper then buying the 9007 harness. thankfully my local western dealer is kick A$$ and had a 9007 2 plug harness laying around and just swapped 1 for 1 with me no charge..

about 1/4 way down the page, youll see the headlamp connectors, but the page has like A BILLION factory plugs. dirt cheap too!