1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2003 Ram 1500 wheels question

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by appearanceplus, Nov 6, 2005.

1. appearanceplus

appearanceplus Junior Member

I have the 20" chrome wheels now from Dodge. I wanr to go with a smaller wheel and fatter off road tires. I have heard alot of different stories on this. Basically I am hearing that do to the size of the disc brakes I can only go down to 17" ??? Is that true? OR can I go to 16"???? Does anyone here have aftermarket wheels and a answer on sizing. Pics would help, so I know what looks cool too. email is appearanceplus01@sbcglobal.net. Thank You for your time., Snow is coming. Northern Michigan is getting hit hard or about to.

2. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

3. HD61CUIN

HD61CUIN Senior Member

You cannot go smaller than a 17" rim, however the 17" gives you a large selection of tires. You could keep the 20's for the summer and switch to the 17's in the plow season.