1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2003 plow series?

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by The B, Nov 3, 2009.

1. The B

The B Junior Member

Hi all, After a major run around trying to find the plow for my 2003 Jeep Wrangler, I have a guy holding one until tomorrow night about 3 hours south of me. He has a 2003 6 ft with controls, downpressure and mount for 2K. I am wondering what series it would be and he wasn't home to check. Does any one know what series they made in 2003 for Jeep or 6 foot. Sorry for the ignorance just a little excited since we had about 3 inches of wet slushy snowup north about 2 weeks ago and I am sitting owning my duplex with no way to get rid of the snow. (except 3 hours of shoveling. Any help is greatly appreciated!

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

It could be an ST or a 22 series.

3. The B

The B Junior Member

Thanks

I went and got the plow last night and WOW. Nice unit so far. It is a 22 series with Down Pressure and a wireless remote. Phew...it's a 3+ hour drive one way and no pics etc. Ended up better than expected with the 2 lever hook-up etc!
    Wish me luck! Thanks again.

4. bhmjwp

bhmjwp Senior Member
    from kcmo

Great price on the plow. If you would-after you push some -let us know how well you like the 6' blade. I have passed on a couple of 6' as I am or have been looking for a 6.5 for a TJ. Would appreciate the feedback.

5. The B

The B Junior Member

Sorry bhmjwp,
    It ended up to be a 6'-8" after all. Don't be too scared of a 6 footer if you're handy with metal you can make some wings or extensions that would bring the length with-in reason. I'll let you know how things work out. I had a little trouble getting the drivers side sub frame bracket high enough so the back hole wouldn't be too close to the bottom of the frame rail. The steering box frame bump and bolts stop the bracket from going high enough. any suggestions? I can't just make the holes larger that go around the steering box bolts because the bottom metal on the plow sub frame bracket hits the frame bracket on the steering box. Any help appreciated or I will just drill a completely different hole up higher through the frame and bracket.