1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2003 minute mount 2 Lift arm

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by SNOWANDICEMAN, Nov 10, 2012.

1. SNOWANDICEMAN

SNOWANDICEMAN Senior Member

Just purchased an 2003 minute mount 2 8 ft fisher plow and wanted to know if the lift arm is supposed to move up and down when the plow is plug in or even when it is un plug, plow blade will stay up without any problems and when you use it plowing and ideas what it may be, i noticed my new fisher plow arm doesnt move could it be the year of the plow.' Thanks for all you ideas. I replaced all hoses on it and changed the fluid also.

2. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Unplugged, it won't go into float. Same if the truck isn't running, you have to have the controller powered on, hold the down button for a few seconds, both lights will come on indicating its in float mode. Are You running a fishstik, or joystick? I'm also having trouble deciphering your problem, is the blade creeping down while driving, is it not dropping on command....?

3. RepoMan207

from Maine

If it helps, just call.... 207-766-1562

4. SNOWANDICEMAN

Repo Man, plow works good doesnt creep or, its just when the blade is on the truck and off the truck the with power on and of i can lift up on the arm and it will go up is that normal there is no pressure on the lift arm postion when blade is in the down positon and also when the blade is of truck i can left the arm up is this normal.

5. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

i had a plow once that did that never effected it u mean u can grab the lift and and move it with ur hand correct

6. RepoMan207

from Maine

I guess I don't get what you’re saying...So the ram can be moved all the way up and down, with & without power? Either way, if the plow is not creeping down while in transit, all the commands are functioning as they should, and there isn't any leaking fluid around the packing nut....there isn't an issue. Does that answer your question? If not, call me, I’ll be up most of the night....2AM if not later (number above).

7. SNOWANDICEMAN

Correct

You both are right thats what i am talking about, thanks guys for your answers.