1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2003 Honda Snowblower ALL NEW

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Al 2, Apr 18, 2002.

1. Al 2

Al 2 Junior Member

For anyone who is interested in snowblowers , Honda has a complete new model for 2003. I've'seen a prototype at a consumer show. I think they said it was 14 HP and on tracks. The engine drives the auger only and it has electric drive motors for each track and joy stick control. The auger [36" or 38"?] can be angled up or down at each end to work better on a sloped surface. This also by an electric motor along with electric shute operation. There is also a rumor that there may be a stand on platform at the back as well. Probably a lot of other neat things also.
  2. sbvfd592

sbvfd592 Banned

al ya get any pics of the thing?
  3. Mark Erpelding

Mark Erpelding Member
    from indiana

I hope it is better than the 928 I have. It is a POS brand new, it breaks shear pins when ever the snow gets a little heavy. At $16.00 for three of them. The lady where I bought it told me that the snow was wet and heavy, that is why they are breaking. I told her I didn't buy it to use in july!!!!!!
  4. Mark Erpelding

Mark Erpelding Member
    from indiana

One more thing it is extermely slow in reverse. It is a track drive.