1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2003 Honda rincon for plowing

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by Hedgehog, Mar 1, 2013.

1. Hedgehog

Hedgehog Senior Member

I originally wanted either a brute force or grizzly but my friend just put me in touch with a guy selling a 2003 Honda rincon. The quad is in showroom condition with only 680 miles on it. It includes a 50" moose plow, winch, brand new aftermarket wheels and tires and bumpers. Ok, so I know the rincon doesn't have a low range but will it be capable of plowing snow or should I continue to look for another machine. Also, what is something like this worth in the condition mentioned above?
  2. sublime68charge

sublime68charge PlowSite.com Addict

It will due fine.

Its not the Tank that the Honda foreman's are. but with a 50" blade you'll be OK

off the hip Show room 03 Rincon I'd say 4k to 5k in there what brand of Tires? size of the tires as well
    type of Rims on it? Winch included? how big of winch?

the ? can swing the price 1-2K all on its own.

is this mainly a winter plowing machine or will it also be a summer ride the trails around as well?

Rincon Great Trail quad and the indepent supension is super nice from what I have read.

if all your looking for is a winter Plow Quad the Rincon would not be first or 2nd choice.
    but if your gonna due 50 work 50 play you'll be OK with it.

if its more 70 work and 30 Play I'd look for a Foreman or Rubicon in the Honda Line.

just my thoughts

Sublime out
  3. Hedgehog

Hedgehog Senior Member

Thanks for your input. I ended up buying a 2010 bruteforce 750 instead. It came with a 54" warn pro vantage plow and a warden winch for $5500. I thought it was a pretty fair price since it only had 31 hours on it.
  4. sublime68charge

sublime68charge PlowSite.com Addict

good luck with the BF from what I have read they are a great machine.

sublime out
  5. ceptorman

ceptorman Senior Member
    from Indy

What...................................no pics?!

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

Just for the record my rincon has been pushing lake effect since it was new, usually deep deep lake effect, no problems what so ever,

And she took a 3 1st place wins in a AMA sanctioned utility terrain race, there's way too many faster quads out there to chase the series, the rider won that race not the atv.