1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2003 hd chevy....door help, tailgate help

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by jvm81, Jan 6, 2014.

1. jvm81

jvm81 Senior Member
    from Midwest

My door handle inside is to the point that you lift all the way up and it barely opens the door - pretty soon we'll have to jump out the window or passager door. Easy fix?? Same door but now the power window barely comes up without some assistance...easy fix?

My tailgate - the handle just broke off and now we need to pull the two "rods" together, lean into the tailgate for it to come down. Pain in the butt. Easy fix??

2003 reg. cab 2500hd. 125K on truck. Over all great truck. Steering pump and alternator has been all we fixed on it thus far.
  2. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Tailgate is an easy but kind of spendy fix.
  3. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

Use junk yard parts when possible it will save you a few bucks.
  4. ajracing81

ajracing81 Member

window regulator will fix the window problem and you can get that at NAPA. There not to hard to change just takes sometime to do it.
  5. M&M

M&M Senior Member

Youtube the window regulator and bring your tablet out to the garage with you. All I know about trucks is how to start them and I was able to replace the window regulator in about 30 minutes. You'll be fine. No specialized tools needed.
  6. CrimsonSnow

CrimsonSnow Junior Member
    from Midwest

Had the same problem on mine. Once I replaced the Tailgate latch, I pb blasterd all of it, including my windows. Everything works as it should.