1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2003 Front Rotor take off

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Eyesell, Feb 29, 2004.

1. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

I know this was recently discussed ( SOMEWHERE ) but what is involved with removing the front rotors on an 03 250. Does the rotor come off with out removing the hub. I am hoping all that has to happen is remove the caliper and slide the rotor off.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

thanks
    Frank

2. Tom Smith

Tom Smith Senior Member
    from IL

I hope they do..... I hate taking the bearings out... makes it a big project ........at first i didnt realize that the new fords had front and back disk brakes. Should make for better braking !!

Just a warning... never let a pad wear to much where u will get some metal to metal grinding... I did that on my old truck and i got bits of metal melted in the finish of the drivers door

3. Plow Meister

Plow Meister PlowSite.com Addict

To remove the front rotors, you need to remove the front hub also. The hub abd rotor are presseds together via the wheel studs. You have to knock the wheel studs out then can separate the hub from the rotor.