1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2003 Ford F550

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by RBRONKEMA GHTFD, May 11, 2009.

1. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Hey guys my boss is selling his 03 Ford F550. It has a 6.0 liter Power stroke diesel in it. 84,??? miles on it. He bought it off of ebay in april. The ad on ebay said it had a 7.3 diesel and when it arrived he found out it had the 6.0. He doesn't like the 6.0 so he wants to sell it. The truck is just a cab chassis, has good tires on it, breaks. The truck is out of Florida so it has never had a plow on it. Also it is 4X4. We haven't even used this thing at all. We had intentions of putting a dump body on it for landscaping and a plow for the winter but we are not doing that anymore. We probably put 20 miles on this truck bringing it to different spots to try and sell it. We are asking 13,500 for it. Looking for a quick sale on this as we aren't going to be using it and have no use for it.

edgewater1.jpg

edgewater2.jpg

edgewater3.jpg

edgewater4.jpg

2. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

Just a heads up for your Boss. He didnt have to buy it. Easy way to tell a 2003 6.0 or 7.3 is the badging on side. If its that bright silver badge on the door thats a 6.0. If its the small Black one with silver letters. thats the 7.3.

3. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

The pics on ebay didn't clearly show the decal on the side. He even called the couple numerous times about the truck asking questions. They lied about it. Ebay wont do anything for him now so he is just sick of dealing with this mess. Honestly there is nothing wrong with this truck at all. It runs fine drives fine other than there is no weight on the bed of the truck right now.

4. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

Well check the Ford PowerStroke forums. I am sure some where in the Vin tells the motor. I would also list it on Truck paper. That would make a good rig to haul cars with.

8th digit P=6.0 and F=7.3

Last edited: May 11, 2009
  5. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

Whats the frame length behind the cab?

6. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

I'm not sure what the length is but I will check and get back to you. Also guys If you have any question and don't want to respond on here call 1(616) 218-8817

7. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

clean looking truck just too far away for me to check it out before buying it.

8. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

With a tape measure touching the back of the cab streached to the back of the frame its 108 inches. Its basically a regular cab long bed dually.

9. GreenAcresFert

GreenAcresFert Senior Member

Central Hydros?

10. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

No sorry, It would be cool if it did. I would think it wouldn't be hard to put on this truck either.

While I am at it, BUMP!

11. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

Bump Bump Guys. Still forsale.

12. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

What is CASH PRICE??

13. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

I drove the truck this morning. Well moved it to a different spot at our shop because we had to load up some plants and it drives and shifts smoothly. No clucks from the U-joints. Breaks are in good shape.

14. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Today's price!

15. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

Boss is still holding firm on 12 grand

16. NEPSJay

NEPSJay Senior Member

is this auto or stick??

17. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

when i was trying to buy it, recalling from that it is auto

18. ATV Plow King

ATV Plow King Senior Member

So is it stick or auto and if stick 5or6 speed?

19. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

The truck is a AUTO! Non of that manual BS

20. NEPSJay

NEPSJay Senior Member

ok thats out for me... i wanna stick. thanks for reply.